Monday, November 26, 2007

Business Trip to Samui Island

Last Saturday I went to Samui Island for my business trip as usual, Samui island is Thailand's third largest island, and its neighbour Ko Pha-ngan a celebrated island that hosts the biggest beach full moon party. North of Ko Pha-ngan is Ko Tao, renowned for its excellent coral reefs.
To top it all is the dazzling 250-square-kilometer Ang Thong Marine National Park, where a stunning archipelago awaits to greet visitors with their charming palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear water and colorful coral reefs. The best time to enjoy one of these islands to the fullest is from April to November.

You can go to Samui by Bangkok Airways daily flights (One day more than 6 flights and in high season over 10 flights per day) or by ferry from Surathani to Samui island but it's take time, if you have time enough using ferry that also one choice for view Samui from sea.

After landing from Samui airport, driver from resort was waiting me as the gate of airport and bring my bag to the car and out from airport. The wather was not bad like last week, may be today is loy Krathong day :P from airport to resort take 45 miniute by car and here is my palace..yeah..

Doing and check some paper work after that call to restaurant for order some food for my lunch "Pard Ka pao Kung" haha :P don't know what should I order better order no brain menu :P but it's also yummyyyyy... Now I am full so take a walk to the beach... some tourist reading a book, some are swimming sound look they are very relax for holiday..that cool...

In our Shan state we don't have the ocean, only around us are blue montains like in here blue sea around me for now...I may lucky from one of million from Shan state who can play sea water as much I can but I wish all of my nation brother and sister to be here like a free birds do what every their need without fear...Hope some day can be happen..T__T ..Back to my room and meeting with staff, meeting with supplier, meeting with GM until evening..huh..I hate meeting ...call to Big boss (Mum) Mum said Mum will out to temple. In Shan today is special day for us as well, we will have fire work show, fire ball and many things for fun..when I was kid I like it very much..wishing I am in there with Mum.. Oh..some staff call me for Loy Krathong..

A festival of quiet celebration, the origins of Loy Kratong are unclear, but it is believed that it started in Sukhothai, (north of Bangkok) one of the most powerful cities in Asia, around 800 years ago.
Made from the cellulose trunk of a banana tree, the idea behind the kratongs is to put all your misfortunes in a boat, and allow them to literally float away. ("Loy"- to float, and "krathong" - a leaf cup or bowl) Great care is taken to decorate the kratongs with flowers and banana leaves, leaving room for the candles and 3 sticks of incense. Loy Krathong always falls on Thai school holidays, so during the day the whole family are often involved in making elaborately decorated Kratongs. Some coins, a lock of hair, or nail clipping are placed inside to represent the owner before the kratong is launched on a river, canal, or the sea, accompanied by a prayer.

It's believed the "boat" will carry your bad luck into the distance, and enable a better start to the following year. Loy Kratong is a big night for lovers. Couples who make a wish together on this day will enjoy long-lasting love, especially if their kratongs remain together on the water.

While Loy Kratong is not strictly a religious festival, some Thais believe that it pays homage to the water goddess, Mae Khongkha. Whatever the significance, it's a magical "not-to-be-missed" event.

No comments: